The Shelton family is native to Southeast Oklahoma and has enjoyed the resources and outdoor activities since childhood. The late, Dick Shelton, began business in SE Oklahoma after returning home from World War II and began what was then called Cut Rate Grocery. This later became known as Shelton’s Supermarket and carried three generations of family running two locations in Stigler and Checotah, Oklahoma. In 2014 the family made the decision to leave grocery retail and began investing in commercial and residential real estate, which eventually led to owning and operating long-term and short-term rentals. “Our family has always enjoyed vacations each year growing up. It gave us something to look forward to and the ability to reconnect as a family. Our father always said we should work hard, but to never forget to play hard, also.”- Richard Shelton. Richard and his wife Becky began to look into unique travel rentals in 2014, and discovered that the real estate industry in the area could be a great way for couples, families, and friends to reconnect and relax, while also being a productive business to pursue. The family currently operates multiple rental properties through its entities and enjoys providing an experience that allows visitors to “Live like a Local”.
Richard and Becky have lived in the Eufaula area for over twenty years. Richard stays involved throughout the Eufaula and Checotah communities promoting and locating properties that have potential for tourism, while Becky has a deep connection in the Checotah area through her twenty plus years in education. They have two children, Kyle and Kelsie. Kelsie is pursuing a degree in apparel design at OSU and Kyle is an assistant worship pastor at The Brick Church in Muskogee. Stan and Cassie Shelton have lived in the Stigler area for over eighteen years and are both connected to SE Oklahoma by their careers in banking and education. They have three children, Caedon, Sydney and Channing who are currently in college or working through high school. Kendra Winkle (Shelton) is a resident of Broken Arrow and currently pursuing her license for real estate. Kendra has three children, Jackson, Jayce and Riley, one of which is pursuing an education at OSU Okmulgee, while the other two boys are working through high school and middle school. Wes and Dusty Shelton are long-time natives of Stigler, OK and are currently enjoying the status of retirement, while also being involved in the family business. They are and have been essential to the growth of the family businesses throughout the years with their resources, patience and insight into what it takes to thrive and survive in business. Together, this is what we call family…. At the end of every adventure, these are the people who you want to be “in the trenches” with. That was a favorite saying of the late Dick Shelton, brought back with him from the Battle of the Bulge in WWII. Who you surround yourself with matters and likewise, who you choose to stay with when choosing lodging, matters! We as a family look forward to serving you and your family!
- NO SMOKING, VAPING, OR USE OF MARIJUANA OR DRUGS AT ANYTIME INSIDE THE PROPERTIES
- BE RESPECTFUL OF NEIGHBORS
- PETS MAY BE ALLOWED WITH APPROVAL AT CERTAIN PROPERTIES
- CHECK-IN IS ANYTIME AFTER 3:00 P.M. & CHECKOUT IS BY 10:00 A.M.
- BURNING CANDLES, INCENSE OR ANY OTHER OPEN FLAMES INSIDE THE PROPERTIES IS PROHIBITED.
- DO NOT HAVE MORE GUESTS THAN STATED IN YOUR RESERVATION…… NO UNAPPROVED VISITORS.
- NO LOUD MUSIC OR DISTURBANCES, ESPECIALLY PAST 10 P.M.
- IF YOU OPEN IT, CLOSE IT; IF YOU BORROW IT, RETURN IT; IF YOU TURN IT ON, TURN IT OFF; IF YOU BREAK IT, FIX IT; IF YOU USE IT, TAKE CARE OF IT; IF YOU MAKE A MESS, CLEAN IT UP; IF YOU MOVE IT, PUT IT BACK.
- WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTS, INJURIES OR ILLNESS THAT OCCUR WHILE ON THE PREMISES. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS OR VALUABLES DURING YOUR STAY. WE CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ITEMS LEFT BEHIND.
- FEES: CUTTING OR DAMAGING OUR TREES OR LANDSCAPING WILL RESULT IN A $200 CHARGE.
- FEES: SMOKING OR VAPING OF ANY KIND INSIDE THE PROPERTIES WILL RESULT IN A $200 CHARGE.
- FEES: UNAPPROVED LATE CHECKOUT FEES – EVERY 30 MINUTES AFTER 10:00 A.M. IS AN ADDITIONAL $50.
- FEES: $50 PER NIGHT PER EACH PERSON THAT IS NOT STATED IN THE NUMBER OF GUESTS IN YOUR RESERVATION.
- FEES: $100 FEE FOR TAMPERING WITH THE SECURITY SYSTEM.